Here's this week's round-up of green news and environment stories from around the web.
- Every year, the Scandinavian Green Roofs Association gives away the Green Roof Award to homes that have grassy, green roofs. The contenders are straight out of a fairytale!
- If you’re not composting at home yet, then what this smiling octogenarian is doing is surely going to change your mind.
- Sikkim, India’s second smallest state grows 65% of all of the country’s organic produce. These podcasts from the Food Radio Project understand the agricultural revolution underway in the state and examines the challenges to keep Sikkim all-organic in the future.
- Meet the ‘Impossible Burger’ and introduce all your vegetarian (and meat-loving) friends to it.
- A surge of large scale floods, ecosystem collapses and strong cyclones within the last year, indicate that 2016 will be the warmest year on record. This week, climate experts gather in geneva to discuss if the world community is already too late in its efforts to slow down global warming.
If you would like to curate the next edition of ‘5 Green Things on Friday’, write to [email protected].
Featured image of Sikkim’s Mandarin orange farmers via Economy Lead.